I will be following Republican candidate Thomas Fredrick Stark who is running for the U.S. House of Representatives. I have called the West Virginia Secretary of State to confirm that he is still in the running for office.
So far I have found out his career and education background and his views on main topics such as the economy, health care, marriage and government waste. I have visited Stark's personal Web site and the Federal Election Commission Web site to obtain information.
I have found out he has seven people running against him. Five of those people are Republican and two are Democratic. For some of those candidates I have the amount of their disbursements and receipts and who their contributors are. I also have that information about Stark.
I still have to call Stark and interview him about raising money for his campaign and whether there are conflict of interest issues involving the people who give him money. I also want to ask him about his Campaign for 20,000 idea. This is a unique concept in that Stark is asking for 20,000 individual citizens from the first district to donate to his campaign. Stark is doing this to get the average citizen involved in politics.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment